Israeli Defense Forces Kill Two Palestinians in West Bank
On Wednesday, the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) conducting raids in Qabatiya in the occupied West Bank reportedly killed two young Palestinians.
- On Wednesday, the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) conducting raids in Qabatiya in the occupied West Bank reportedly killed two young Palestinians.1
- The IDF alleges that Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) members Ahmad Jamal Assaf, 19, and Rani Qatanat, 24, first opened fire at its soldiers. This comes a day after Israeli strikes in the Gaza Strip killed three PIJ commanders and at least 10 civilians.2
- However, eyewitnesses say Israeli soldiers broke into and ransacked several homes in the western neighborhood before they "opened fire at a car, killing two and wounding a third."3
- The latest strikes come amid rising tensions between Israel and the PIJ after Khader Adnan, a senior PIJ leader, and activist, died in Israeli prison early this month.4
- Dubbed Operation Shield and Arrow, the IDF said its "defensive and offensive" campaign in the West Bank could last a few days, depending on PIJ's response. Since leaving Gaza in 2005, Israel has fought two major ground wars in the Strip and two air wars lasting at least a week.5
- The situation in Israel, Gaza, and the West Bank has steadily deteriorated in the last year, with 107 Palestinians killed by Israeli fire in the West Bank and at least 20 Israelis killed by Palestinian attacks so far in 2023.2
Sources: 1Reuters, 2Associated Press, 3Al Jazeera, 4ITN, and 5The Times of Israel.
- Pro-Palestine, as provided by Middle East Eye. Israel is escalating the situation in the holy land to a fever pitch as it continues its cruel raids in the West Bank and its ruthless airstrikes in Gaza. The violence is getting out of hand as Israel prepares for another assault on Gaza. Emboldened by international silence after killing more Palestinians last year than in any other calendar year since the Second Intifada, the occupation is becoming even more violent.
- Pro-Israel narrative, as provided by Jerusalem Post. Unfortunately, it seems that another Gaza war is on the horizon. Israel, which has always restrained itself to avoid unnecessary death, will respond aggressively if Palestinian Islamic Jihad attacks Israeli civilians and cities. Those killed in the recent strikes and clashes were PIJ terrorists, and their elimination was necessary to ensure Israeli security.