US Congress Report: FBI Revoked Whistleblower Clearances
The GOP-led House Judiciary Committee and Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government on Thursday released an interim report, stating that the FBI has been targeting conservative agents and retaliating against whistleblowers.
- The GOP-led House Judiciary Committee and Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government on Thursday released an interim report, stating that the FBI has been targeting conservative agents and retaliating against whistleblowers.1
- This comes as Marcus Allen and Steve Friend, who were both billed as whistleblowers by the committee, testified Thursday that they were retaliated against for critically thinking about the investigation into the events of Jan. 6, 2021.2
- The suspended staff operations specialist Allen and the former special agent Friend had their security clearances revoked this month, after denouncing the "politicized rot" within the bureau after being summoned to attend the subcommittee.3
- Ahead of the hearing, the FBI claimed in a letter to congressional investigators that these revocations stem from their support of views about the incident that cast doubt over their "allegiance to the US."4
- The subcommittee contended, however, that Allen had shared material with coworkers after being ordered to conduct an "all-source analysis," while Friend was ordered to take Absent Without Leave status when an arrest warrant for a Jan. 6 subject was to be executed.5
- While Republicans have accused the FBI and the US Dept. of Justice of having become increasingly weaponized in recent years, Democrats question the legitimacy and credibility of the whistleblowers.6
Sources: 1New York Post, 2Washington Post, 3FOX News, 4New York Times, 5Breitbart, and 6CNN.
- Republican narrative, as provided by Red State. As if politicizing federal institutions were not enough, the Biden admin. has now engaged in retaliating whistleblowers who dare to speak out against abuse and misconduct. Americans across the political spectrum must be worried about such governmental overreach, which oppressively silences those who challenge the official narrative to get to the truth and uphold the law. This undermines America's foundational system of justice.
- Democratic narrative, as provided by MSNBC. Republicans have touted the so-called "FBI whistleblowers" as they are crucial assets of their partisan campaign to tackle the alleged federal government's weaponization — concealing the fact that some of them have received financial support from a top Trump ally. Given that the bureau has already explained that they were suspended for alleged misconduct, this report is promoting conspiracy theories and shows that the GOP is in fact the party weaponizing government.