- President Biden will visit the Carlsbad, Calif. communications firm Viasat Inc. Friday to tout the Democrats' push to boost domestic manufacturing of semiconductors and reduce reliance on foreign manufacturing.
- In a preview of his visit, the White House said Biden will laud three pieces of his key legislation — The Chips and Science Act, the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill, and the Inflation Reduction Act.
- With polls showing Republicans gaining momentum for the House and possibly the Senate, the preview said Biden will accuse the GOP of "ripping away the progress we’ve made, raising costs for working people, and putting Medicare and Social Security on the chopping block.”
- Biden will be joined by Democratic Rep. Mike Levin, a two-term congressman from the San Diego area who faces a tight race with former San Juan Capistrano Mayor Brian Maryott. Biden headlined a rally for Levin in Oceanside, Calif. on Thursday.
- In his visit to Viasat, Biden is also expected to praise the company for hiring 700 veterans — around 10% of its workforce — as frames the internet provider within his technology-focused legislation.
- With Biden's approval hovering around 40% in the latest Reuters/Ipsos poll, the President also appealed to young voters in New Mexico on Thursday as he looks to highlight Democratic initiatives — including his effort to cancel student loan debt.
- Republican narrative, as provided by BreitBart. With Republicans showing gains in the polls nationwide, Democrats are desperately sending their unpopular party leader to campaign for incumbent Democrats. Even in southern California, where liberal elites have begun to shift the region from red to blue, Rep. Mike Levin faces a potential loss due to his party's "woke" social policies and economic agenda. Biden's campaigning won't help.
- Democratic narrative, as provided by LA Times. President Biden knows the importance of retaining control of the House, which is why he's campaigning for Rep. Mike Levin in California to protect Medicare, Social Security, and veterans' benefits. It's important for the President to showcase representatives like Levin who are up against Republicans who want to rip all of that away.